[wsfii-discuss] wsfii reminder / registration nag

Saul Albert saul at twenteenthcentury.com
Wed Sep 21 14:37:40 UTC 2005

hi Jo,

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 06:53:19AM -0700, Jo Walsh wrote:
> i cobbled together a draft reminder to send to the usual suspect lists,
> stating 'please register for wsfii or you might not get in.'

This looks good... it's high time for a nag mail, but - several important
elements that maybe we could work in:

- A heartfelt appeal for assistance with housing people (you'll get in
  for free!) The sofa network is a bit too point-to-point at the moment
  :)

- we need volunteers! We're not sure what for yet. Usually stuff like
  watching the door, setting up network / equipment, problem solving,
  rigging, streaming etc.. It would be great to set up a 'volunteers'
  page - and make sure that everyone who volunteers can be allocated tasks
  by next week..

- finally, we need to clarify the payment situation. Payment is not for
  entry, but for membership of WSFII (limehouse town hall requires this
  as a condition - we can't charge for entry to the building). So we need
  to tell people to bring a tenner membership fee... OR let us know if
  they can't afford it so we can let them pay whatever they can afford,
  and of course, if they join the sofa network or volunteer, or are
  actually persenting, we dont' want them to pay anyway.

- finally, I think it would be great if we could cross-publicise a bit,
  and link to NODE.London (http://nodel.org) and broadcast that
  there are other relevant events going on that people might want to go
  to.

I'm afraid I'm rushing off now to see pete gomes' new movie 'node nation'
about free networks in london! So I'll let you know how that goes... and
if you don't have the time, I can try work these things into the
reminder..

XX!

Saul.