[wsfii-discuss] Interesting / Who are they?

Marten Vijn info at martenvijn.nl
Tue Aug 8 10:21:10 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 11:24 +0200, Juergen Neumann wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Cven just posted a link to http://www.meraki.net/index.html on the
> freifunk lists. Does anyone have a clue who they are? Other comments?

Google ? => They need a mesg endpoint device for their project. This is
good way to do beta testing and data mining on endusers.

I see no repositories / lisence. Intereseting cheap hardware though. The
way the page is setup in looks like a sevice model.

Good to know is wether the firmware will be open or not. Clearly there
is a business model, and it is not free scable for larger net works.

I will see and try to buy one to see whats in there, and if it will run
on good software (*BSD/GNU_Linux).

just my 2ct

kind regards,
Marten