[wsfii-discuss] Happy Summer of Wifi 2007

Marten info at martenvijn.nl
Wed Aug 9 20:09:01 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 21:00 +0200, Sven Wagner wrote:
> Marten wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> hi marten, hi everybody
>
> That's great, that you think now over some WCCs in 2007.
> but I think, there must be the *Chaos Communicatin Camp 2007* somewhere
> in germany...
> I know, that some of the "Usual Suspects" consider to setup the cccamp
> in 2007 again as it usually happens every fourth year...
>
> ...and if the camp will be reality, it would be during the first week of
> August...

Very good to know. I will block that week for WCC_NL and try to be
there. Is there an url to the event?

> that means, we can plan together the WirelessVillage as part of the
> cccamp in 2007 for the wireless communities like we did in 2005 at the
> WTH http://wiki.whatthehack.org

funny, I am wearing my WTH t-shirt right now :), Actually that where we
got inspired to do WCC2006.

> I don't want a competition between the different communities, i'd like
> us to do the wireless village together, joining to be the wireless
> village 2007.

True, that's why I started this thread.

> Coordinated early, we can have a great time there, with
> all the different aspects of wireless community networking.

Yes and no, I love to be there. But I don't believe the
whole crew that works for the WCC 2006 and 2007 will go there,
so at best there will be representation of all communities.

The human mind is limited in picking up information. (especially storing
data)
I believe that a five week course (tree weeks events) can deliver a
strong program when learning from different communities. Assuming that
none is right/true. All have local bases from best things can be taken.

If the program is more or less the same there is imho not enough time
and share want we all have. Over here are planning to have
multi-dimensional program. I 'll come to that later.

But on the other hand doing a 5 week program DK -> NL -> GER would fit
more. There would 3 intense weeks and 2 weeks for traveling and
resuming. Together we could some fundraising to do an international
program.

> https://snr.freifunk.net/trac/wcc/wiki

I wish you a very good week,

kind regards