[wsfii-discuss] WSFII Summit in Catalonia by the end of April 2.007 (27th-29th)

Alexander Morlang alx at dd19.de
Tue Dec 5 15:08:31 UTC 2006

Ramon Roca schrieb:
> :(. No, we weren't aware of this Camp.
> We were thinking in doing something in several tracks, that is having
> content for geek as well as other contents, such as hiving, etc. So
> trying to cover as many areas as possible. Is that Camp just for
> freifunk firm based networks?

no, freifunkfirmware is just a small part, there will be OpenWrt
developer, we expect scientist from different research institutes and
universities who are doing manet research, community people and the
technical guys from many different countrys.

as i understood, there will be developer of at least 3 or 4 different
meshprotocols.

most programmers of freifunkfirmware addons will be there too, of course.

> We'll think on this... My first impression is that even by moving a few
> weeks before/after doesn't really solve anything given that will still
> be a very close dates. Maybe makes sense to run them in parallel leaving
> the freifunk track at Germany?

it is more of a place where all the different approaches will meet to
learn from each other, freifunk is just a part and, of course the host.

we will announce it on the 23C3 (Chaos Communication Congress)
https://events.ccc.de/congress/2006/Wireless:Corner as start of a series
of events, followed by events like the wireless village on the chaos
communication camp

Greet