[wsfii-discuss] WSFII Summit in Catalonia by the end of April 2.007 (27th-29th)

Daniel Paufler d.paufler at fhtw-berlin.de
Wed Dec 6 17:46:00 UTC 2006

Hey Vickram

> Secondly, we must very quickly firm up within WSFII a
> protocol for handling the needs of subgroups, keeping
> in mind that issues can often transcend their
> parochial discussion and become relevant outside the
> limits of their internal discussions. Prior to
> AirJaldi, the number of lists came down to 2, this one
> relating to general discussions and wsfii-coord for
> matters particular to the annual wsfii event. This
> also led to much confusion and possibly contributed to
> some ridiculous, acrimonious and avoidable flames.
>
> After the event, a new list (AirJaldi) has been
> created to further the interests of the Tibetan
> community. This lies outside the WSFII structure
> entirely, mostly because I think there is no clarity
> about list management.
I really acknowledge that distiction. In my understanding, the AirJaldi
was hosting the WSFII event. Everything related to dharamsala
meshnetwork should be discusst on that list and not get confused with
wsfii itself.

> The Pakistan event never got
> posted on the calendar because the web admin didn't
> think it was necessary to post a mini wsfii event
> within a week of its taking place. Naturally,
> participants who may have wanted to come there on
> their own didn't find out so couldn't.
Thats something which has to improve soon. I think its vital to have all
local events somehow related to the idea of wsfii posted in that
calendar / combined calendar. Unfortunately, the Barcelona event now
interferrence with wireless community weekend in Berlin. Anyhow, would
be good to have both in that calendar.

Daniel

--
Angewandte Informatik - Computer Aided Facility Managemnt
FHTW Berlin (http://www.fhtw-berlin.de)