[wsfii-discuss] WSFII Africa 2007 - Winneba,Ghana

Kafui A. Prebbie kafui at onevillagefoundation.org
Mon Dec 11 10:21:47 UTC 2006

		Hi ALL:
Dan mentioned,
Keep in mind, that there are planning for WSFII Africa in Aug/Sep already. ;)

Yes. This is really in the planning stages and things are moving really well here - Ghana. As of now, I can confirm the partnership of the University of Education, Winneba . The Vice Chancellor has agreed to host the event...and even host the team from Germany who plans to be here in April - Daniel, Kloschie, Fred, etc. He is totally supportive of the summit and especially the 10-day Wireless Roadshow which will manifest the completion of OVF's Winneba Open Digital Village Project;This will leave a community wireless network for the above five thousand students in Winneba mainly for Educational purposes.

In line with preparations, I also had a meeting yesterday (10th Dec, 06) with the Projects Coordinator of Wireless Ghana- www.wirelessghana.com,  Gideon Amoah and the Coordinating Team of the Winneba Linux user Group - www.wilugghana.org . We discussed amongst others partnership issues and colloaboration for the WSFII Africa 2007 and Wireless Roadshow.

Early next year -2007, OVF Team from USA will be in Ghana for futher planning for the event and the implementation of the Open Digital Village project. Truly, we have and will continue to put in all we have including our hearts to make it a truly impacting and memorable event - less talk, more action which Africa needs to leap frog.

Will keep you all in the loop as events unfold.

Welcome to Africa >Ghana > Winneba!

Best regards...

Kafui ~ www.kafui.com

Kafui A. Prebbie I kafui at onevillagefoundation.org I kafui at kafui.com
Country Director I oneVillage Foundation-Ghana I www.onevillagefoundation.org
Team Lead | Winneba Linux User Group | www.wilugghana.org
Coordinator I Catch IT Young Project | http://www.onevillagefoundation.org/ovf/projects.html

Cell : +233-(0)20-8165057 | +233-(0)24-4429448 | Tel/Fax: +233-(0)-432-20900
P.O.Box C0 1007, Tema, Ghana-West Africa