[wsfii-discuss] Announcing the Second National Summit for Community Wireless Networks -- March 31-April 2, 2006. St. Charles, MO.

Saul Albert saul at twenteenthcentury.com
Sun Feb 12 07:54:30 UTC 2006

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 01:09:27PM -0600, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Below is the invite to the Second National Summit for Community Wireless
> Networks that we're hosting right outside St. Louis March 31-April 2, 2006.
> We
> rely on word-of-mouth to get the word out about this event, so please
> forward
> this out to your friends and relevant e-mail lists.  Links to the Summit
> website
> and registration are also below.

hi Sascha,

One of the things we wanted to do - but which perhaps fell off the agenda
a bit during WSFII, was to hold simultaneous events, or get groups of
like-minded people all over the world together to have their own WSFIIs
at the same time. I think at the time there was some hope to have some
kind of audio/video hook-up between locations.

I know that Adam Hyde (http://www.streamingsuitcase.com/) is planning a
remote-participation-only conference at some point this year. Perhaps
it's worth contacting him about the idea of having a distributed
gathering as part of the Summit.

Does anyone else think this is worth persuing? I'm thinking of something
extremely low-key, like a set of questions or a discussion about broader
world-wide issues that would be suited to a remote/streamed format. Maybe
a half day..

Cheers,

Saul.