[wsfii-discuss] Announcing the Second National Summit for Community Wireless Networks -- March 31-April 2, 2006. St. Charles, MO.

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Mon Feb 13 22:25:20 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I would be happy to include WSFII organizing (or even a session if there was
enough interest.  Only thing is that I'd need someone else to head this up
('cause my logistics plate is already full to overflow).  If there's interest,
just let me know -- it would be fantastic if WSFII folks could make it to the
summit -- it's going to be a pretty substantial gathering of wireless folks and
I'm hoping to highlight free and open source wireless networking.

Keep me posted,

--Sascha

***

hi Sascha,

One of the things we wanted to do - but which perhaps fell off the agenda
a bit during WSFII, was to hold simultaneous events, or get groups of
like-minded people all over the world together to have their own WSFIIs
at the same time. I think at the time there was some hope to have some
kind of audio/video hook-up between locations.

I know that Adam Hyde (http://www.streamingsuitcase.com/) is planning a
remote-participation-only conference at some point this year. Perhaps
it's worth contacting him about the idea of having a distributed
gathering as part of the Summit.

Does anyone else think this is worth persuing? I'm thinking of something
extremely low-key, like a set of questions or a discussion about broader
world-wide issues that would be suited to a remote/streamed format. Maybe
a half day..

Cheers,

Saul.

--
Sascha Meinrath
Policy Analyst    *  Project Coordinator  *  President