[wsfii-discuss] Re: wsfii-discuss Digest, Vol 12, Issue 6

kdag funkzvv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 01:02:22 UTC 2006

>    2. Re: Announcing the Second National Summit for     Community
>       Wireless Networks -- March 31-April 2,    2006.  St. Charles, MO.
>       (Saul Albert)

> Does anyone else think this is worth persuing? I'm thinking of something
> extremely low-key, like a set of questions or a discussion about broader
> world-wide issues that would be suited to a remote/streamed format. Maybe
> a half day..

sounds great! low-key like this will be really nice:
http://www.dorkbot.org/dorkbotmde/dorkbot3.html
we used puredata on that one but can move to freej, that is even
easier to use via dynebolic..as you can see in the pictures here we
used IRC for the "conference" that was originated in medellin, and
received in Barcelona and somewhere in the alps.
http://dorkbot.org/dorkbotmde/terraza.html

the only problem i see is translation for some people that dont speak
english...but there might be also realtime also text translation, is
not that complex..just using few IRC channels for translation and a
main one as "auditorium" that's what i call low-key...okey the server
ring for relaying the streams can be this one:
http://mcs.hackitectura.net/tiki-index.php?page=GISS

im for it, when?

:)

/ad