[wsfii-discuss] Announcing the Second National Summit for Community Wireless Networks -- March 31-April 2, 2006. St. Charles, MO.

Saul Albert saul at twenteenthcentury.com
Fri Feb 24 00:42:42 UTC 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 04:25:20PM -0600, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
> I would be happy to include WSFII organizing (or even a session if there
> was enough interest.  Only thing is that I'd need someone else to head this
> up ('cause my logistics plate is already full to overflow).  If there's
> interest, just let me know -- it would be fantastic if WSFII folks could
> make it to the summit -- it's going to be a pretty substantial gathering of
> wireless folks and I'm hoping to highlight free and open source wireless
> networking.
>
> Keep me posted,

hi Sascha,

Well Rob and I had a chat last friday and we thought doing something
really simple and low-intensity would work best, just a way of syncing
discussions, finding out how things are going, what people are working
on.

I'd suggest doing this at the beginning of the conference (ie, the friday
- early in the day - for you.. late for us Urbana is GMT -6 hours).

How about an hour and a half of your morning session (say 11-12:30) could
be done as a trans-atlantic (or even global) conversation. That would be
5pm - 6:30pm GMT, after which we could go to the pub. We could use a
simple voice over IP setup - or maybe do a video link if it seems useful,
and do a microscopic rundown of some things that are on a common agenda -
just to build on the knowledge of the community at large. Then we could
report on this and continue conversations remotely or in our localities
after that.

What do you think? Is anyone else likely to be in London on Friday 31st
of March and intersted in a little drink in the top room at Limehouse
Town Hall?

Cheers,

Saul.