[wsfii-discuss] conferences online - WSFII and 2nd Nat Com WiFi Sumit

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at guifi.net
Thu Feb 23 00:28:10 UTC 2006

Hi Alejo,

Yes, we ran our SAX in Manresa, which was one-day event.
Broadcasting was a good idea, that allowed people who was unable to
attend to follow the meeting in some way. I.e. Julian and also we had a
guy from Ireland.
Julian excited the people, talking about the projects at India,
Denmark... He mentioned the idea of runing a WSFII event in Catalunya.
Now I see in our lists that the people liked the idea, not just for
Catalunya, redlibre in Spain.. maybe southern europe?, latin america?,
worldwide? wsfii shouldn't have barriers isn't?

The idea that we are currently elaborating is to open something like a
contest between local institutions, like municipalties, universities,
etc to see which one wants to sponsorize the event and which resources
can provide, i.e. broadcasting infrastructure, media coverage,
simultaneous translation, permanent connectivity to a wireless commons
based network (i.e. not just opportunistically for the event...).

Yes, we can talk on that whenever you like. For sure if the idea goes
forward, we'll have to arrange some setup to ensure becomes more global
oriented than was the SAX regardless if the people (spakers incl.)
attends live or through the network.

Good night!

En/na kdag ha escrit: