[wsfii-discuss] Was FON in Spain - Now, can someone please explain...

Ken DiPietro ken at new-isp.net
Wed Jul 19 17:49:04 UTC 2006

Juergen,

Thank you for your comments, you managed to explain several points to me that I had no conception of.

I believe this is a very valid approach in some but not all situations. For example, in areas where a fair portion of the population is technically competent and have a working knowledge of computers, I can see this kind of network being extremely effective. Conversely, in areas that are very rural and that would depend on a lot of hops to connect, unless there is a local team that can handle the repairs and/or upgrades I am not sure how this could survive. Please note - this is also true for an centralized network design as well.

One thing I have learned is - there is no one right answer for every situation (credit to Esme Vos) but as I like to remind myself, I have personally attempted an incredible number of wrong ones. :-)

Again, thank you,

Ken