[wsfii-discuss] Wikimania 2006 representative?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Mon Jul 24 14:37:34 UTC 2006

dear SJ,
On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 08:27:22PM -0400, Samuel Klein wrote:
> I'm co-organizing Wikimania 2006 in Cambridge, MA in two weeks, and
> wondered if anyone from wsfii is going to be there.  It would be great
> to have someone come and share the motivation behind the organization
> and its vision with the gathered Wikipedians.

I was one of the co-organisers of last years Wsfii.London "prepcon".
I tend to be in Cambridge.MA a lot and already started to make little
edits on topics about which i feel pedantic in order to qualify for a
"contributor discount" to wikimania ... ;)

This being said I am a bit out of sync with the ever mutating Wsfii
vision and if there are other more active "Wsfiians" in town they might
prefer this. But i'm always happy if necessary / desirable to be loaded up
with messages that other people would like to have delivered. It would
be great to be able to spread the Wsfii love a bit.

Hey, do you know anything about 'WikiPlan' - i heard rumours about a
new mediawiki facing collaborative mapping / open geodata effort -
[[Wikiplan is a system that can be used to collaboratively create
vector diagrams, especially plans of cities. It does not require Java - it
uses AJAX and SVG. It does not require accuracy. Finally, it is open source
and designed for easy integration with MediaWiki. ]] I'd love to know
more about this - will the creators be at wikimania?

cheers,

jo