[wsfii-discuss] Europe's GeoData belongs to the public?

Tracey P. Lauriault tlauriau at magma.ca
Tue Nov 14 04:01:36 UTC 2006

Cheers Malcom!

The issue is in the UK is that you can get the data but at a very high
cost and with very restrictive use.  Making the tax payer, the citizen
pay twice and keeping the data out of the hands of social researchers,
ngo's who want to do a poverty analysis, and regular citizens who want
to study their neighbourhoods.  Also there are restrictions in
publishing what you have bought as well.

Do well at the panel in Pakistan!