[wsfii-discuss] Re: [AirJaldi-Summit] Getting in contact with participants, through the list of personal entried contact information at the wiki

kloschi kloschi at subsignal.org
Tue Nov 21 19:39:46 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 10:18 -0800, Jim (Sky) Schuyler wrote:
> Tracey asked me today whether there was an easy way to get email
> addresses for participants because there are many people she'd like to
> contact.
>
> So, I'd like to mention to the list members how we decided to handle
> participant email addresses as a matter of policy. And see whether
> anyone can think of an easy and secure (and "within policy") way we
> could get more people connected.

To safe privacy of all involved its best and only way in my eyes, that
everybody who filled in contact information in the WSFII.Dharamsala Wiki
obviously is fine with sharing that. Additionally everybody who is not
in so far can put in his/her contact information at the samte wiki.

As far as I know (still being in Goa, getting that damn palm trees to
let our signal through ;) ), Sebastian is up to put all the wsfii.tcv
wiki content to the existing one at wsfii.org

Sebastian, whats the milestone so far? Is the wsfii.tcv wiki already
available? (sorry if that already was announced in wsfii-discuss, I'm a
bit behind reading _all_ mail which is smashing my inbox, its quite much
to handle every two days in an low-bandwidth internet cafe, lo )

regards,
kloschi

ps/ I'd like to see discussions about free networking, also regarding
india, to be happen in the wsfii mailinglists. they exist and I don't
see a need to spread about yet-another-mailinglist.
it turned out, that with wsfii its possible with some mailinglists to
bundle global happenings and movements and keep alot of people involved.
as much as i appreciate the work from all the dharamsala people in that
airjaldi-mailinglist, i think maybe its better not to go for even one
more com-channel. diversity is always good, separation is not.
[[ just my humble 2 cents ]]