[wsfii-discuss] P2P and Wireless Systems (was Breadcrumb)

Vickram Crishna v1clist at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 22 12:48:47 UTC 2006

Listpeople:

> --- Jeff Harrison <jharrison at thecarbonproject.com>
 > wrote:

> I can't speak for other organizations but our policy
> at The Carbon Project
> is to promote democratic access to location and
> user-generated content.

> Jeff Buderer wrote:
>
> No I have not heard about Rajants specific approach:
>
> An alternative model is to address legitimate
> national security concerns
> (primarily terrorism),

Unfortunately defining legitimacy of national security
within the context of terrorism is rather difficult.
It is not always about toppling towers, it could even
be (and was, once upon a time) toppling cases of tea
overboard.

I am sure there are other national security concerns
that are far more legitimate for now, but I find
little discussion of them in civil lists - possibly
because they do not impact ordinary people most of the
time.

I wish we could just get on with our work of building
the tools that will allow ordinary people to converse
in richer ways than ever before possible, but I am
afraid we do have to put up with noise from the 'other
side' occasionally.

---
Vickram