[wsfii-discuss] Re: [wsfii-coord] Fwd: Shridhar Iyer's message

Fred Pook fredpook at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 09:39:04 UTC 2006

Hi Nagarjuna,
I have done a quick scan of the WiFeRe specs:
http://www.cewit.org.in/docms/cewit06/WiFiRe-draft-lines.pdf
I find (among many great insides) a strange assumption to use only 1
and the same 20MHz channel on all (3 or 6) sectored radio's on 1 base
station mast. This would normally be done using several channels and
different polarization. Using 1 channel creates the need for a new
"shared" MAC layer and Time Division (what WiFeRe proposes).
The choice for just 1 channel is based on avoiding other operators
interference? (not clearly explained or motivated)
There must be many great minds on the lists to explain if this a wise choice.
Looking forward to the discussion,
Thanks Fred