[wsfii-discuss] Re: [wsfii-coord] Fwd: Shridhar Iyer's message

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at guifi.net
Fri Oct 13 13:52:27 UTC 2006

First of all, sounds excellent to me any initiative oriented to solve
some of the limitations of the wifi specs which penalized it's usage on
medium distances.

After a diagonal read, and I'm not the best in understanding some
technical questions about RF communications dropped in the draft but to
check my correct understanding of the overall and the impact that this
could have at the real world:

-Is that draft something which is intended to be applicable to current
deployed RF equipments 802.11b/g?
-Regardless of the response to the previous question, I assume that to
make it successful, will require the support from the industry
(manufacturers, drivers...), is that right? There is already any
visibility on this?

Sorry if I missed something obvious already described in the draft.

Ramon.

En/na Fred Pook ha escrit: