[wsfii-discuss] 2.4 and 5.8 GHz bands are delicensed in Nepal effective from Sptemebr 17.

mahabir at himanchal.org mahabir at himanchal.org
Tue Sep 12 12:57:15 UTC 2006

Hello All;

I am glad to inform all of you that ISM bands 2.4 GHZ (2.400 - 2.4835 GHz)
and 5.8 GHz (5.725 - 5.825 GHz) has been formally delicensed in Nepal
effective from September 17 according to the Nepales calender. The maximum
radiated output power is limited to 4 W. Therefore there will be no
additional cost to use the radios using those frequencies in Nepal

Since the notice was published by the government in Nepali language in
Nepal Gazzette of Nepal Government, I did not forward you the copy of the
notice.

The next step is to make the VoIP free. The government is also working on
this issues and we hope that it will also be made free.

Thanks.

Mahabir Pun