[wsfii-discuss] Live video conference - for real?

Fred Pook fredpook at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 19:23:46 UTC 2006

Hi Saul, all

I really want to crack this one and do it FLOSS. I have contacted Adam Hyde
of the streamingsuitcase.com how-to website (I found it on your
earlier post on this list) and Adam likes to help out but is also busy
on a collaborative manual production platform called FLOSS Manuals
(www.flossmanuals.org)

The info on GISS is scarce but found this:
http://rama.xicnet.com/?page=streaming where its called GISS
stream-ring ( i like that ) and seems to be based on debian packages
for icecast2. So please, kdag, explain a bit more and don't mind your
english, we will understand..

We could work on the wiki on this project at:
http://summit.airjaldi.com/wiki/index.php?title=GISS.Stream.Ring
and later add it to the Streaming Suitcase.

Thanks Fred

P.S. I am almost ready configuring VLC to do a ogg/theora stream
without frying my centrino CPU but i am silly enough to try this on
winxp with a webcam using DirectView.