[wsfii-discuss] Journal of Community Informatics

Assoc of Public ICT Tools Access Prov list at apiap.org
Mon Apr 2 14:49:59 UTC 2007

Hi Fred ,
     Community Informatics ( CI ) are a wonderful group of as passionate
people as in WSFII  who care for the community  & are taking the trouble of
setting up practise area in systematically diessiminating Information on
research, development and training in support of the range of Community
Information system .
Its origin  lie in here  http://www3.fis.utoronto.ca/research/iprp/cracin/
& currently migrating to http://www.communityinformatics.net/index.htm .

I am an equal fan of CI & WSFII.   lets put it this way for the world
community  WSFII is the plumber , then CI is the community's MIS manager .
:) .
 CI is more theoretical than  WSFII complements beautifully  in its
pragmatic  action plan.  & both are working in their own way to bridge the
digital divide. B
But lets see if we can cross this small  Atlantic ocean in community
understanding .

cheerio

Ashish Saboo

Association of Public ICT Tools Access Provider

http://www.apiap.org