[wsfii-discuss] Economic Sustainability of Community Wireless(sorry had to resend due to incorrect hyperlink)

Assoc of Public ICT Tools Access Prov list at apiap.org
Fri Apr 6 05:50:33 UTC 2007

Ramon,
     Your point clearly brings in the difference of approach in a developing
country & developed.
Who won't love the FREEdom .  Today I do not have anything to choose from,
so well as might let me make choice.
The community networks however we deny requires huge leadership  & a large
seed capital.  The cooperative movement is missing. In India the the last
successful cooperative happened some 40 years ago.  & I cannot keep waiting
for it to revive . My need is for TODAY.

The Emerging economy actually needs the cutting technology the most but
don't have that  leadership.  Only Social entrepreneurship  can succeed ,
with some profits instead of no profits to remain independent.

The comparison is like between a Walmart & E-bay.   They both may make many
unhappy but at least have a choice.  & of course WSFII can show case more
model which have been successful & under what circumstances. Djursland was
lucky to have Bjarke .  So either  we should  set up a large scale Human
clone facility .  or leave  it to free enterprise . Just make all the
secrets open. ( which any way we are doing ) . there will be little left in
throttling an enterprise.
The Enterprise pays for execution & not hot talk shop which are indulging .
;-) .

Thus I completely agree with you  but as I don't see an Angel around  &  I
am reluctantly ready to settle with lesser evil.

Ashish

--
Association of Public ICT Tools Access Provider
http://www.apiap.org