[wsfii-discuss] Economic Sustainability of Community Wireless

marco marco.pompe at web.de
Fri Apr 6 16:38:24 UTC 2007

jeff buderer wrote:
> Marco,
>
> I think we need your perspective to bring this process forward at least
> in Ghana so please do continue to engage those people you mentioned.

my general opinion is, that it is very possible to deal with even big
companies, when have good idea of how to play the "game". we have to
consider the arguments of vickram crishna very well, to get that kind of
good idea about it ...

i do think, that we can create a space, where in we can set the rules to
a certain extend. we have to have a look at how the market and its big
player work, how ecomical, social and psychological processes are
shaping the world in order to capital investment and profit maximising.
if we understand what will stab in our back and what will benefit the
community in the end, we have the basics to deal with corporations. also
i want to point at the several ethical investment facilities we have in
US and Europe ... the conditions are fantastic (compared to SERO). its a
matter of collective WILL in my eyes ...

when we want to have an economical sustainability FOR THE PEOPLE, we
will need tools designed for exceptionally this goal. these tools
already exist. certain types cooperatives belong to these tools as I
believe. NGOs can help as well. loose networks as well.
my suggestion is to focus on the founding of a half global / half local
hardware supply cooperative and a similar ISP-cooperative. i wonder if
we should go in details ...

grts, marco pompe, berlin