[wsfii-discuss] Economic Sustainability of Community Wireless

marco marco.pompe at web.de
Wed Apr 25 12:22:47 UTC 2007

hi thomas

Thomas M. wrote:

> reading all these texts on business model, economic sustainability,
> ... I started thinking about what is the economical model, in my way
> of understanding it is model of society based primarily on money, And
> I thought isnit a way to have an alternative kind of society based on
> others values than money?
I do agree so far but want to add that the living without money,
virtual, paper or coins, is an ideal, a good one certainly. our society
is so deeply structured by markets (and markets base and commodities as
money is this special commodity for exchange) that we cannot just
switch, even if all people would have this idea spontaniously. u have
been implicating it - i just wanted to expilcate ...

the frontline is set by economical power today. to work out something
means to get independend from profitmaximisation and shareholders.
people, currently bare of resources and means of production, have to get
economical power in a structured way, having short/longterm strategies
to work at. the democratisation of economy is the core of what i believe
have to be done. and this means a fight against previleges, exploitation
and oppression at all levels of society ... good intentions are not
sufficient. we need networking, strategies and structuring on that behalf!
have anybody seen the documentary "The Corporation"?

http://www.thecorporation.com/

grts, marco, berlin