[wsfii-discuss] Economic Sustainability of Community Wireless

jeff buderer jeff at onevillagefoundation.org
Thu Apr 26 18:22:31 UTC 2007

Aaron,

Yes you are correct when you think about it at the most basic level yes
costs are low.

However I guess some of us were coming from the idea of creating
multipurpose community/telecenters to complement the wireless networks.

This includes considering ways to promote local as well as global
sources of income to sustain those facilities.

The idea is that we are not just talking about wireless but a whole
suite ecosystem of ICT community development services to promote
sustainability - cultural ecological as well as economic.

And so that process of unleashing human potential using ICT as augmenter
of that process in a nutshell is what oneVillage Initiative
http://www.onevillagefoundation.org/ovf/method.html aspires to achieve.

Jeff