[wsfii-discuss] P2P and Wireless Systems

Jeff Buderer jeff at onevillagefoundation.org
Wed Feb 14 18:32:27 UTC 2007

Fred,

I understand your reluctance to embrace MS stuff and we of course are working to design our Open Digital Village telecentre in Ghana along those lines as much as possible.

Jeff did say that RIGHT NOW his system works on beta only in Windows.

As I participant in this group
		in this open culture group, however I would appreciate if we do consider that people do have different views than us and/or different technologies.
		From my perspective it is important to embrace a posture of respect for their work.

For many of us the whole of idea of Dharamsala and our involvement in that event was as much about learning from the people there and their way of life and their wisdom as it was the other way around. I am ever inspired by the Dalai Lama's constant message of compassion, understanding and love in a world that often seems to neglect those values.

I was wondering if you might reflect a bit and consider that Jeff like all of us has obviously put a lot of work into his work  echomyplace.com (((Echo))MyPlace ).

I do feel there is space here to thoughtfully discuss different platforms and systems as they relate to the development of wireless community networks. I also believe that we can and should do this in a respectful way with consideration to the people presenting their ideas and technologies here.

I also feel it is important that we keep an open mind esp as this idea of "open" is in my view so central to our values.

Finally my perspective is that the more diversity we have here the better. OPENDIV/ODiV is not only about accepting diversity but embracing it and seeing it as vital to our success in this life. I feel strongly that people from communities that might be a bit diverge a bit from the prevailing mindset here should feel welcome to speak and offer their perspectives and also learn and new perspectives in the process.

Jeff

 I managed to install all this ((echo)) stuff, it involves lots of
Microsoft updates and triggers all M$ genuine check stuff. But still
it looks cool as a google earth rip off.
I don't see any use for it used on al local WLAN since all trafic goes to M$
sorry,
pls don't post Microsoft advertising on this list,
thanks Freddy