[wsfii-discuss] secondary - WSFII.2007: Naming

Daniel Paufler d.paufler at fhtw-berlin.de
Wed Feb 14 19:25:19 UTC 2007

Hello Everybody

As you noticed, the next WSFII conference planning on its way. If you
read the mails, it is referred in different ways to maybe the same
event. We should find a term for the different actions which everyone
can use and we understand eachother.

Jeff Buderer pointed this out earlier and i want to pick this up.
Question: How do we want to refer to the big summer event in Ghana 2007?

WSFII Ghana 2007
WSFII Africa 2007
WSFII 2007, Ghana, Africa

Furthermore, there will be a few ongoing projects in preperation. One is
the prep-meeting in April. How do we refer to that?

ODiV Aptil meeting
openDIV preparation
WSFII pre-meeting April
opendigitalvillage ghana preparation

This questions seems trivial, but the naming says something about the
realation of WSFII to the local opendigitalvillage Project.

I really like to call it WSFII 2007, Ghana, Africa. It referers to the
big WSFII meeting, this time held in Ghana. The relation to ODiV is to
be discussed. Just my 2 cents.

Keep up the good work.

Daniel

--
Angewandte Informatik - Computer Aided Facility Managemnt
FHTW Berlin (http://www.fhtw-berlin.de)