[wsfii-discuss] WNDW red book? where is it gone ..

jeff buderer jeff at onevillagefoundation.org
Sat Feb 24 15:14:56 UTC 2007

Fred,

Its great the initiative you are taking here. Very inspirational.

So I have some content that might be useful to building openDIV website.
Lets coordinate on this. I think it is realistic goal to have openDIV
site and wiki up by next week. I also think it is time we came up with a
preliminary program for the WSFII Africa Summit.

We need to arrange for the Skype conference call for those interested in
actively working on the WSFII Africa Summit. How about we plan on this
tentatively for Friday of next week?

I saw you have hampi.opendiv.org at http://dharmatv.blogspot.com/. Very
good work.

Jay offered to post some information about http://spinxpress.com/ on the
OVF Blog http://blog.onevillage.tv

I also will add your update and pics to our blog. Is there a online page
where people can donate to in order to fund this effort with the
Kishkinda Trust directly? http://www.thekishkindatrust.org/? We should
consider what resources are out there such as global giving
www.globalgiving.com/ and other similar online tools to help us with
fundraising.

Also we need to take a look at Omidyar's website at
http://www.omidyar.net/home/ and get involved in that network as that is
also a way to raise funds for projects like this.

>I thing I found out today is that most (and specially reliance) DNS
>server are slow. overworked and badly maintained. I switched to
>www.openDNS.com DNS servers and it did wonders for the speed, already.

Very impressive. If you can provide a short but also as detailed as
possible report on the accomplishments of the centre, current
developments, what you are doing and your plans in terms of specifically
how to assist them, then possibly we can use that as first step in
setting up the www.hampi.opendiv.org and also in terms of exploring
potential fundraising sites.

>Next step is getting all the viruses and spyware of the other
>computers... Any helpful tips on a free effective antivirus solution
>for Windows machines... AVG ?

I am going to try check out Phuntsok's recommendation today on my
computer. I have heard good things about AVG and have used it in the
past.

Jeff