[wsfii-discuss] Looking for help on open source

Jeff Buderer jeff at onevillagefoundation.org
Thu Jul 12 17:15:41 UTC 2007

Emmanuel,

Thanks for coming here and introducing yourself.

I do think that your experiences in organizing the study circles for
Dalai Lama Foundation are quite valuable and relevant here.

As you know the Air Jaldi Summit was organized with the approval of the
Dalai Lama although we might aspire for an organizational process of
future event that is more in line with "loving kindness" philosophy.

Also keep in mind your engineering degree most likely makes it is easier
than many of us non engineers to grasp how wireless networks operate and
how to set them up.

I do think keeping in mind the work you are doing for DLF and TWB that
it is really quite valuable. Especialy in terms of considering how we
might develop an effective training program in Africa to develop these
technologies at the community/grassroots level. Considering in this
process that they are developed in the most effective way and are
relevant to the needs of local people.

Jeff