[wsfii-discuss] OLPC - Factfile: XO laptop

Jeff Buderer jeff at onevillagefoundation.org
Thu Jul 26 15:37:03 UTC 2007

Gregors,

I think that is one of the challenges; that there are so many choices.

Yes I saw the Asus. 7 inch screen for 200 and 10 inch for 250

I think one consideration is that Andrew is involved in the Community
Wireless as well open source networks as compared to ASUS which is a
large MNC based in Taiwan which of course would not meet with us and
discuss their products on the same level we have access to say a small
company like Koolu.

Also despite the name thin-client my understanding is that it can be
used as a stand alone computer using flash memory and there is the
option of adding a HD. The price range is basically the same as the Asus
but without the monitor.

Jeff