[wsfii-discuss] WSFII.org website in pity full state!

Ian Howard ihoward at netdotworking.com
Wed Jun 13 17:44:54 UTC 2007

All,

Not to be a thorn, but I would encourage us not to lose site of the
original ideals of WSFII, that is an open, collaborative and
self-organizing endeavour, modelled around open source. In that light, I
would suggest that we not appoint someone to be in charge, but that we
encourage some individuals to focus their contributions on particular
aspects of this effort. If anything we should certainly focus on making
sure that we really encourage some local on the ground people to do
participate more. Leaders in open source pull things together and
encourage participation of others.

So, to answer Tomas' questions:

So who take the lead?  No one, this is a self-organizing effort
When do we organize?  again, self-organize
When the first meeting to assess situation, offers and plan?  there
should be an effort to encourage contributions and a wide call for input
and distributed decision making.

Anyone who knows me will know that this self-organizing arrangement is
not one that came naturally for this ex-soldier, though, I believe in
open source and I believe that if we buy-in to the process of
self-organization and that we work to optimize collaboration that this
will be something fruitful. Not only will we pull off a meeting, but we
will pull off another self-organizing event.

Cheers!

Ian