[wsfii-discuss] Stats for African Organizers - and others too!

wsfii at absorb.it wsfii at absorb.it
Sun Mar 11 01:31:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

Tracey P. Lauriault schrieb:
> The data are well sourced and are explained.
but never believe any statistic you haven't faked yourself ;)

Interesting source you found, I was a little surprised by some facts like:

Germany:
Hosts: 3,021,130 *Definition:* Internet
<http://www.nationmaster.com/cat/Internet> hosts
<http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/int_hos> in 2004
Linux web servers: 1,919 *Definition:* Total usage of Linux servers by
country as of Jan 2001

India:
Hosts: 143,654 *Definition:* Internet
<http://www.nationmaster.com/cat/Internet> hosts
<http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/int_hos> in 2004
 Linux web servers: 25 *Definition:* Total usage of Linux servers by
country as of Jan 2001

This sounds for both cases way to less on the linux side, ok, I don't
have any other stats, but...

Anyway, nice comparing the countries by this data, thanks for pointing to it

regards,
Rene