[wsfii-discuss] TV documentary

Bruce Schulte b.schulte at wayracom.net
Fri May 18 14:14:15 UTC 2007

Hi!

Try Salinas de Guaranda, Ecuador - THE MODEL
WIRELESS.MESH.VOIP.LTSP.EDUCATION PROJECT in SOUTH AMERICA!

: )

http://www.infodesarrollo.ec/content/view/468/267/lang,spanish/

Saludos (regards) from here in the Andes at the base of
Chimborazo<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimborazo_%28volcano%29#Farthest_point_from_Earth.27s_center>-
highest point on Planet Earth!

PS:  Sorry things only Spanish for the moment.  For anyone really
interested, just email us and-or see this article:

http://www.elcomercio.com/solo_texto_search.asp?id_noticia=72091&anio=2007&mes=5&dia=13

On 5/18/07, Fred Pook <fredpook at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Marco,
> We are jumping around all continents now.. So if the team decides on
> South India with real picture perfect locations Like Goa, Hampi,
> Kerala. Contact me and Kloschi and Daniel...
> We like to go back and build some more Mesh....
> Thanks Fred
> Magip.net
>

> On 5/16/07, marco <marco.pompe at web.de> wrote:
> > hi all,
> >
> > i have found a small TV production which wants to portrait the community
> > wireless globally, but with a focus on certain aspects and regions, as
> > they say for the funding of this project it needs an exciting header and
> > pictures which have some kind of entertaining qualitity. dont get me
> > (them) wrong, they are not this "sell out" type of journalists, but
> > realistic enough to know what is working as a TV documentary. In fact
> > they are human rights activists as well (Sabine Schreiber, Gerd Fittkau,
> > Berlin).
> >
> > so here are the questions: Does anybody have personal contacts to
> > wireless community networks in south america? and then also: What places
> > would u suggest for a shooting regarding to the need of entertaining
> > pictures like "WIFI community in the jungle, favela/slum ... "?
> >
> > ... to avoid misunderstandings: the production is not confirmed. We are
> > working on a sustaining concept and still dont have the funds to
> > proceed  ...
> >
> > grts, marco (berlin)

Bruce Schulte
+593-2-328-0752 Quito O.