[wsfii-discuss] date of WSFII Africa

kloschi kloschi at subsignal.org
Fri May 25 12:23:32 UTC 2007

Hi WSFII :)

as discussed earlier, to do the event so early might not be helpful to
the whole process. imo.

> "Wireless Roadshow starts from 30th July – 8th August, 2007 Conference
> starts immediately after the Wireless road show from 9th August – 11th
> August, 2007"

most european hackers are at the ccc camp during the time
you mentioned above .. there will also be a wireless village.
this event attracts people worldwide also .. and it just forces people
to decide between different events if both are at the same date.

though, this might not affect the target audience for the WSFII Ghana 2007,
I stronlgy recommend to reconsider this date.

> as me and other feel this a bit early for international guests to plan
> their trip, ill personally try to ask the local organizers to shift it a
> bit ... as i already heard that may be a problem as this the vacation
> time of the University of Winneba, which will be the location ...

If I remember correctly, Kafui, we discussed the date of the event at least
a couple of times. All recommdation from everybody in the discussions were
to hold the event somewhere between September and November ..

just my 5 cents :)

greetz from the rainy glasgow,
kloschi