[wsfii-discuss] date of WSFII Africa

sebastian buettrich sebastian at less.dk
Wed May 30 08:04:32 UTC 2007

dear all,

On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 00:54 +0200, marco wrote:
> a date has been announced by the preperatory group in ghana (check out
> the wiki)...
>
> "Wireless Roadshow starts from 30th July – 8th August, 2007 Conference
> starts immediately after the Wireless road show from 9th August – 11th
> August, 2007"
>
> as me and other feel this a bit early for international guests to plan
> their trip, ill personally try to ask the local organizers to shift it a
> bit ... as i already heard that may be a problem as this the vacation
> time of the University of Winneba, which will be the location ...

not only is this very short notice for international guests -
it is also short notice for us from thewirelessroadshow.

we should confirm the dates as soon as possible -
currently i cannot guarantee
how long we can keep that timespot free
&
whether we can have funding in place for that workshop.

that said,
it does not have to be us/me personally who lead or hold a roadshow type
workshop -
i would like to but i am sure others could do the same.

in any case we need to finalize the plans asap.

best to all,

sebastian
--
dr. sebastian buettrich

sebastian at wire.less.dk

a free book on wireless networking in the developing world:

http://www.wndw.net

http://wire.less.dk
http://thewirelessroadshow.org