[wsfii-discuss] Fwd: [bytesforall_readers] First mesh internet project in Sri Lanka

Vickram Crishna v1clist at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 14 05:53:11 UTC 2007

Hi

I think we have had mentions of this initiative on the list before (and I apologise if I didn't post it earlier). A YouTube update.

It started as a Christian missionary school getting into remote learning, as I understand it, but has developed into a model the government is keenly promoting - the country already has a very good mobile multimedia service (much better than most other countries), but that is still a far cry from connectivity for all.  Possibly some of our listmembers assisted the school to sharpen their accomplishments.

Nandasiri Wanninayaka <wanni at horizonlanka.org> wrote: To: <bytesforall_readers at yahoogroups.com>,
 <ict_of_bangladesh at yahoogroups.com>
CC: <bangla_ict at yahoogroups.com>