[wsfii-discuss] Fwd: [bytesforall_readers] First mesh internet project in Sri Lanka

Juergen Neumann j.neumann at ergomedia.de
Wed Oct 17 10:12:32 UTC 2007

Hi Vickram, hi Wanni,

this is really a very, very nice Video!

I have been surfing these links but I didn't find anything on the technical and financial side of the solution. Could you please tell us, what routers have been used, what operationg system they run and what meshing protocol you are using.

Also, please tell me about your ownership model (who owns the routers / the network) and who pays what for the different services? Do you have local services like VOIP in your intranet (peer-to- peer)? Do you charge money for that? How do you pay for the internet-access? Is it payed by it's users?

This information would be of great importance for me! I would be very pleased if you could provide me/us with some answers!

Thank you very much in advance!

Juergen