[wsfii-discuss] [AirJaldi-Summit] Cell Phone Mesh?

Adrian Dabrowski adrian at atrox.at
Mon Apr 7 01:08:24 UTC 2008

a few years ago, some friends and i tried to make a proof-of-concept
cell phone/pda bluetooth mesh network/file sharing for an university
lecture, but discovered that most cell phones and bluetooth devices have
a very limited number of simultaneous bluetooth connections, due to
frequency hopping schemes. depending on the phone modell and bluetooth
mode you can also end up with just one connection.
finally we had to make our demonstration in an simulator.

but new cellphones are also available with wifi - has somone tried
porting olsr or another mesh protocol to symbian?

adrian