[wsfii-discuss] 900MHz band in Europe?

Alexander List alex at list.priv.at
Wed Feb 27 02:18:40 UTC 2008

Upasna Kakroo wrote:
> In UK 900 Mhz is a GSM band but currently only with 2 operators- O2
> and Vodafone. The regulator is planning spectrum refarming for this
> band also in the near future...
I guess the UK regulator won't do anything that's not agreed in
Brussels. 900MHz is very useful in rural areas, and maybe it's
reused/relicensed for 3G, but I don't think we will get free spectrum
there. I guess it's easier to lobby for a part of the TV spectrum than
trying to take something from mobile operators ;-)

Alex