[wsfii-discuss] EU comission survey about NGA

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at guifi.net
Sun Sep 28 21:13:17 UTC 2008

http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=IP/08/1370&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en

We're thinking on the convienience for giving our feedback on this.
Although until now we've been primarily working in providing a last mile
access based on wireless, we think that we could have something to say
here. Although many of us have been building infraestructures which
provides internet, the internet itself is coming in many cases through
conventional ISPs because of municipalities or individuals who sahre
their internet.
Would make sense that once built a last mile infrastructure with a
self-service/community we don't have to be discriminated for not being a
conventional telco operator, and we should be granted to access to the
internet as well, so could make sense to make a petition to the EU
commission asking for establishing a way for enabling this.

I would like to know if it can be done together with other communities
within the EU.