[wsfii-discuss] Trainerspot Webinars: A Potential tool tospread wsfii ideas to Africa and Developing World

Juergen Neumann j.neumann at ergomedia.de
Thu Jan 15 17:56:20 UTC 2009

Vicram wrote:

> My point is that a more integrative application for
> learning is necessary - all these discrete media, such
> as email, telephony, videomail etc, and the
> integrative apps like netmeeting and so on are not
> good enough for the kind of real world learning that
> should be a reason for pushing the new world
> technologies forward in the first place.

I have been supporting an interesting and imho more holistic software project named deepamehta - like the Indian film maker. The software is not really ready to be fully used yet, but I think it points into the right direction. It's a fully functional and programmable application server framework - all based on a graphical semantic desktop.

In the first view deepamehta looks quite like mind manager or other simple mapping tools. But the concept of deepamehta goes way beyond mind manager and alikes. It's worthwhile reading a bit into the concepts (see the white paper).

Maybe those of you who are interested want to have a look at this free and open source software - all written in Java. I know that they are still looking for people to help them to get it finished. Not that much is missing anymore - from what I know.

Please check: http://www.deepamehta.de - it's (almost) all in English.

As far as I know some people had already started to build a "virtual school" based on the deepamehta framework for Ghana. I could dig deeper into that if anyone want's me too.

Kindly

JuergeN