[wsfii-discuss] help choosing between open-mesh and fonera

Carlos Rey crey at ehas.org
Thu Jan 22 10:56:42 UTC 2009

Dear collegues,

I am Carlos Rey Moreno, an IT researcher form the Fundación EHAS, which
deploys low-cost telemedicine networks in rural and isolated areas of
developing countries.

I am writing to you because we are about to start researching about the
possibilities of deploying small community wireless networks at the
small villages in the rural areas of the developing countries where we
work for connecting not only the health care centers to the backbone,
but the school, the council and other actors in the area. To do so, we
were thinking of making use either of Fonera or Open-Mesh routers. We do
not have any experience with any of them, but I was wondering whether
you could recommend me any of them or propose any another option for
such deployment.

Thank very much in advance

Carlos Rey Moreno
Fundación EHAS