[wsfii-discuss] help choosing between open-mesh and fonera

Juergen Neumann j.neumann at ergomedia.de
Thu Jan 22 12:34:54 UTC 2009

Dear Carlos,

> were thinking of making use either of Fonera or Open-Mesh
> routers. We do not have any experience with any of them, but I was wondering whether
> you could recommend me any of them or propose any another option for
> such deployment.

Please go for open-mesh.com!

- It is very simple (no configuration required!)
- much more flexible, cause it can bring (Internet-)Access to places many hops beyond the Internet uplink by meshing.
- Since the latest release is very stabile and solid. I did not have any trouble ever since the last firmware release.
- It is the result of years of research and development to support projects like yours the best way possible.
- It is all Free and Open Source Software.
- It is easy to maintain and administrate by a web-based dashboard.
- It is driven by people with the heart in the right place ;-)

Just my 2 cents.

JuergeN