[wsfii-discuss] Mesh Networks - Ubiquitis

roland roland at xaok.org
Sun Jan 25 18:31:45 UTC 2009

Marc Mathys wrote:
> NanoStation2, but on their web site, there is very little on mesh networks.
> Are you using the APs in this type of environment.  We will need about 50
> APs.  Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

Funkfeuer Mesh Networks in Vienna and Graz [1] are using some Ubiquity
Nanostations 2 + 5.

Equinox from Graz did a patch to extend the original AirOS firmware via
SDK from Ubiquity to include OLSR [2] It's configureable via Webinterface.

Openwrt is also ported to Ubiquity Hardware. (did'nt test that yet,
any comments?)

cheers
Roland Jankowski

[1] http://funkfeuer.at