[wsfii-discuss] Deletion of false users on wsfii site

Vickram Crishna v1clist at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 30 08:30:49 UTC 2009

>From: Bjarke Nielsen <bjarke at djurslands.net>
>To: Discuss list on the World Summit on Free Information Infrastructure <wsfii-discuss at lists.okfn..org>
>Sent: Monday, 28 September, 2009 13:09:23
>Subject: Re: [wsfii-discuss] Deletion of false users on wsfii site
>
>Hello Vickram
>:-)
>
>>I don't recognise
>any of them !
>
>>Cheers from Bjarke :-)
>

>>Vickram Crishna skrev:

Here is the remaining list of authorised users (in fact, several are listed as 'authors', so please pardon the pun). I have put the ones listed as 'admins' at the end. I still don't recognise a couple, and request for help.

DanielP
julianpriest
rob
saul
Saurabh Shukla
sjoachim
test Test (Klavs)
vickram Administrator
KlavsAdministrator
kloschi Administrator
charlotte Administrator

Seems that anyone can register themselves as users, given a valid email ID. Maybe we should start exercising our right to complain to spamhaus etc for the spammers (most of whom were listed with popular email service providers, some had major European ISPs)?

What say? Is this something we ought to do?

Vickram
http://communicall.wordpress..com
http://vvcrishna.wordpress.com