[wsfii-discuss] Deletion of false users on wsfii site

Daniel Paufler dpaufler at leo34.net
Wed Sep 30 15:49:28 UTC 2009

Hey

Vickram Crishna wrote:
> Here is the remaining list of authorised users (in fact, several are listed as 'authors', so please pardon the pun). I have put the ones listed as 'admins' at the end. I still don't recognise a couple, and request for help.
>
> DanielP
thats me.

> julianpriest
imo known

> saul
saul albert perhaps

> rob
> Saurabh Shukla
> sjoachim
dont know

> test Test (Klavs)
> vickram Administrator
> KlavsAdministrator
ok.

> kloschi Administrator
kloschi from Leipzig

> charlotte Administrator
seems to be a fake spam admin account.

> Seems that anyone can register themselves as users, given a valid email ID. Maybe we should start exercising our right to complain to spamhaus etc for the spammers (most of whom were listed with popular email service providers, some had major European ISPs)?
To the admins:
# switch off user self-reg
# install akismet-spam for wordpress (api-key from wordpress.com required)
# update the ancient version 2.5.1 to fix a lot of spam-holes.

> What say? Is this something we ought to do?
just my 2 cents.

Daniel

--
Dipl. Inf. (FH) Daniel Paufler
Angewandte Informatik - Computer Aided Facility Management