[wsfii-discuss] America's crackdown on open-source Wi-Fi router firmware – THE TRUTH and how to get involved

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 15:39:55 UTC 2015

I agree, the vast reach of the US prodcuts and standards means that it
becomes the defacto standard for other countries as well. What is troubling
is the "almost worldwide and consistent" crackdown on open protocols due to
fear mongering.

People who are going to break the law for a larger purpose aren't going to
be put off by a firmware hack but people who have legitimate reason to use
open source firm (and the customization it offers) are going to watching
their backs all the time.

ram