[Yourtopia] "Learn more" text and general concept conflict

Rosamaria Bitetti rosamaria.bitetti at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 12:44:23 BST 2012

Hello Marian and everybody!

I personally love very much the new preview, especially the second
wireframe in realtime.

I think it will accomplish more, since it really engage people in making
their preferences clear. I also love the fact that in the first page, with
the content of indicators, there is space for comments: something that was
in the initial version of progress vote, and allows to explain trade offs
like you did for education. That is important, because otherwise all this
indexes become wishlists and people do not understand that in order to get
e.g. more education they have to give up on something else.

I also think that having sub-indicators displayed teaches the users that
there are different dimension in every social phenomenon, and different
strategies to pursue a good (e.g. health).
I also hope that with more elaboration maybe sometimes the result will not
be Trento or Bolzano, because that actually takes out the fun of the game =
incentive to the players.
I draw these conclusion after testeing the two options on my younger sister
(who is neither a tech or a pol-econ geek). She said that the growing balls
on the first version are much more fun and easy to understand, but they
always end up with the same result so she will not share it with its
friends. The second version seemed to her more complex, but also more
informative and more challenging.

If it does not endanger the launch, I would go for option C.

--
Rosamaria Bitetti
my LinkedIn profile <http://it.linkedin.com/in/rmbitetti>