[Yourtopia] Prototype with sub-sliders; CO2 replacement

Rosamaria Bitetti rosamaria.bitetti at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:41:40 BST 2012

Marian, it looks amazing!
1. Just one thing I was discussing with Dirk: under the index, there are 3
tabs for results display: what do you think about having maps instead of
ranks ad the default display? This is because people usually just look at
the first few rows of a ranking, and that will result in a quite boring
exercise for our index... Maps would probably make it less obvious.
 What do you and the list think?

2. I've translated the labels for sub variables - as you suggested, in a
short and less formal way. Shall I also do titles and labels for other
variables? how and where?

3. I don't really know how to insert the real data, but I have made the
metadata for the variable substituting Co2 emissions. Let me know if I
shall insert them myself in the gdoc.
-------
Waste sorting and recycling

This indicator is obtained by relating the amount of municipal waste sorted
by type and nature in order to facilitate specific recycling treatments to
the total municipal waste. Italian law set goals of waste sorting: 45
percent by the end of 2008, 50 percent by the end of 2009, 60 percent by
the end of 2011 and 65 per cent for the following years.

Rifiuti urbani oggetto di raccolta differenziata - Questo indicatore è
ottenuto dal rapporto fra la quantità di rifiuti municipali differenziati
per tipo e natura di modo da facilitare il trattamento di riciclaggio sul
totale di rifiuti municipali. La legge italiana ha indicato degli obiettivi
per la raccolta differenziata ed il riciclo: il 45 percento del totale
entro la fine del 2008, il 50 per centro entro il 2009, il 60 per cento
entrp il 2011 e il 65 per cento negli anni successivi.

Data Source: Istat Database “Noi Italia”,

---

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 14:18, Marian Steinbach <marian at sendung.de> wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> Here is the current status rough status of the app including the
> sub-sliders.
>
> http://www.sendung.de/cust/okfn/yourtopia/app-20120418/
>
> As the prototype before, this is not intended to showcase the final
> look and feel. It's purpose is rather to allow for testing of the
> slider + realtime visualization functions. Also note that the category
> "GDP" has only one variable, which in the current implementation
> results in two "undefined" sliders. This will be solved of course.
>
> As for the environment data: You said you would replace CO2 by
> something else. Now would be a good time to get this going. :)
>
> Have fun!
>
> Marian

Rosamaria Bitetti
my LinkedIn profile <http://it.linkedin.com/in/rmbitetti>