[open-government] API for brainstorming and example

Simon Perdrisat perdrisat at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 22:17:26 UTC 2010

Thanks for the reply,

I like the idea of e-democracy.org. Creating one platform than different
community can use.

## How I see a brainstorm web site
A  forum is nice for a linear discussion but not so good to fix a problem. I
can see mainly this different point:
- subjects duplication
- no subject popularity ordering
- linear discussion when is more interesting to have the "good" answer first

Look at http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/ or  http://stackoverflow.com/ those
systems are better to find a solution to a problem.

With this kind of structure the current subject is automatically the subject
than most people think is important.

## The API
So if you look on http://wiki.open311.org/GeoReport_v1 this is an open API
specification for a 311 service.

>From open311.org: "Open311 is a form of technology that provides open
channels of communication for issues that concern public space and public
services. Primarily, Open311 refers to a standardized technology for
location-based collaborative issue-tracking. By offering free web API access
to an existing 311 service, Open311 is an evolution of the phone-based 311
systems that many cities in North America offer."

The nice things about standard API is when you create a tools for one
specified web site your tools work for all web site using the same API.

## keep concurrency open
This is the main point. When you have open standard any one can come in the
market and make new tools/services. Because they use the same API they take
directly advantage of the eco-system of products.

Regards

Simon Perdrisat

Simon Perdrisat :: http://cloud33.com :: Skype gagarine42 ::
http://twitter.com/gagarine :: GoogleTalk & Mail perdrisat at gmail.com

This email is a green one... don't print it.